€ 14.90/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Trus Crianza 2017
Bottle size and vintage
The Trus Crianza collects all the virtues of five sloping farms of clayey-calcareous soils covered with boulders in which strains of more than 20 years sink their roots in search of sustenance. There, at more than 800 meters of altitude, the Mediterranean climate meets continental influence, creating optimal conditions for growing grapes of the highest quality, although in scarce quantities. It rains little, the summers are dry and the winters are long, while the thermal oscillations so important for the accumulation of aromas and the perfect ripening of the fruit, are very marked and frequent.
After a cherry color of garnet tones, a slender wine appears, of medium-high layer. With the freshness of altitude as a flag, it combines elegant aromas of ash, pepper and clay sprinkled with rain; It has a balsamic character, with crisp aromas of toasted wood. Its mouth is juicy, with good acidity and elegant bitter tones reminiscent of cocoa. Cherries in liquor, licorice and high quality tannins round the expression of a wine with a lot of life ahead. Its balance is almost perfect, both in the mouth and nose and culminates with a smoky flash and a spicy touch of clove in a mature and soft aftertaste.
The winery's own name, Trus, explains the philosophy on which this wine was created: Tierra, Roble, Grape and Sol. Only from the conjugation of these four key factors, it is possible to understand a wine of such balance between acidity, alcohol and tannin; Mineral, seductive and tremendously elegant.
Cured cheeses / Suckling lamb / Chops / Casseroles / Game
- Vine age:20 years
- Soil:Calcareous-clay / Pebbles
- Climate:Mediterranean with continental influence
- Ageing period:12 months
- Barrel age:Used
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewBright / Picota cherry red / Clean / Quite opaque / Garnet glints
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Spicy notes / Ageing notes / Complex / Higly aromatic / Liquorice / Fruit aromas / Ripe black fruit / Balsamic aromas
- Mouth:Structured / Spicy notes / Fresh / Flavoursome / Ripe tannins / Long finish / Unctuous / Smooth tannins / Smoky notes / Ripe fruit / Lovely / Well-integrated acidity
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 15ºC and 16ºC
- Decanting:Decanting isn't required
Fresh and surprising
This Ribera del Duero has a taste all its own, somehow fresher than I expected when I first tried a 2012 vintage. The 2015 vintage was very enjoyable as well.by: juan antonio (22/11/2017) - Vintage 2014
UN SEÑOR VINO
Un gran vino para acompañar un plato de jamón en un momento especial con los amigos. Su relación calidad precio hace recomendable la adquisición de este caldo.