€16.40/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Proelio Reserva 2016
Bottle size and vintage
Wine made with a Tempranillo base and a small percentage of Garnacha and Graciano. Selection of vineyards of the Sonsierra Riojana, Alto Najerilla, Tudelilla and Montes de Clavijo, assembly of selected terroirs in each area, a mixture of clay-calcareous and clay-ferrous with a large number of boulders, which give powerful, structured and large-scale wines guard potential Aged for 18 months in French oak barrels and subsequent rest in the bottle for an additional 18 months.
It has a cherry red color with cherry color. On the nose, intense aromas of black fruit, blackberries and blueberries, accompanied by deep aromas of fresh red fruit, along with creamy notes of coffee and chocolate with a vanilla bottom. The palate is intense, round and silky with flavors of black and red berries, vanilla, toffee and coffee, in the retronasal notes of vanilla and licorice appear, with a very long and persistent finish.
- Vine age:Between 45 and 60 years
- Soil:Calcareous-clay / Pebbles / Ferritic clay
- ViewReddish glints / Cherry red
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Black fruit / Higly aromatic / Coffee / Blackberries / Vanilla / Chocolate / Blueberries / Fruit aromas
- Mouth:Silky / Persistent / Long finish / Liquorice / Intense / Rounded / Vanilla / Toffee / Coffee / Forest fruits
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
Bodegas Proelio is a modern, dynamic and avant-garde winery of DOCa Rioja. And all in a space marked by elegance and the purest tradition, which is the best guarantee of the highest quality. Bodegas Proelio is based on three basic pillars: the varieties they use to make their wines; its own vineyards at almost 800 meters altitude; and its unique orientation to the north. It is their way of guaranteeing the grape's varietal character, its freshness and its acidity. These three...