€72.90/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Shafer TD-9 2016
Bottle size and vintage
Shafer TD-9 owes its name to the tractor that John Safer was driving at the beginning, when it was a challenge since he had put aside his suit, tie and hat.
Shafer TD-9 is made from a collection of small vineyards in the foothills of the Vaca Mountains, south of the Stags Leap district in Napa Valley, where a large number of varieties are grown, including cabernet, Merlot and Malbec. Making TD-9 gives you the opportunity to drink the best fruit of each year from these vineyards and create the most attractive vintage wine. Using the state's fruit as a base, Shafer also buys fruit from the Napa Valley producers.
- Ageing period:Between 18 and 20 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewPicota cherry red
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Black fruit / Plums / Spices / Berries / Fresh rhubarb / Red liquorice wheels
- Mouth:Fresh / Ripe tannins / Long / Velvety / Vigorous
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 15ºC and 17ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2027