£68.90/ 0.75 L btl
Details for Shafer TD-9 2016
Alcohol content i
Bottle size and vintage
Shafer TD-9 owes its name to the tractor that John Safer was driving at the beginning, when it was a challenge since he had put aside his suit, tie and hat.
Shafer TD-9 is made from a collection of small vineyards in the foothills of the Vaca Mountains, south of the Stags Leap district in Napa Valley, where a large number of varieties are grown, including cabernet, Merlot and Malbec. Making TD-9 gives you the opportunity to drink the best fruit of each year from these vineyards and create the most attractive vintage wine. Using the state's fruit as a base, Shafer also buys fruit from the Napa Valley producers.
- Ageing period:Between 18 and 20 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewPicota cherry red
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Black fruit / Plums / Spices / Berries / Fresh rhubarb / Red liquorice wheels
- Mouth:Fresh / Ripe tannins / Long / Velvety / Vigorous
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 15ºC and 17ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2027
Gran Merlot, con mezcla de malbec y cabernet savignon, que aportan su toque, en cada sorbo vas descubriendo diferentes matices, muy rico.Para ser un vino de Napa, está bastante ajustado el precio, sobre todo con otros vinos de la misma bodega que son muy caros.