€17.58/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Mar de Envero Volandia 2017
Bottle size and vintage
With this wine, the Manyo Moreira elaborator fulfills his desire to return to work with the Mencía grape variety, but now in the Ribeira Sacra, where he has found the best conditions to make the wines he likes. Likewise, it represents a new step in his firm conviction to explore and value the native Galician varieties.
Unlike other mentions to use, more common in the area, Volandia has involved a more complex manufacturing process that makes it unique and special. It has departed from an unbeatable companion, such as strains between 50 and 100 years old, of which a large part is still preserved in a glass.
The finishing of the label, simple and austere, enhances the artisan work of both the illustrator and the winemaking process. The ocher notes, present in the illustration and the capsule of the bottle, denote the passage of time, reflecting the ability of this wine to, due to the characteristics of the grape and its elaboration, age and remain in optimal conditions for years.
- Vine age:Between 50 and 100 years
- ViewPicota cherry red
- Bouquet:Cherries / Blackberries / Aromatic herbs / Liquorice / Violets / Blueberries / Earth / Mushrooms
- Mouth:Good acidity / Rounded / Rich / Fruit-forward / Vigorous / Mineral
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 14ºC and 16ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2025