£12.41/ 0.75 L btl
Wine Cyan Tinta de Toro 2016
|Type||Red Wine Young Crianza|
|Alcohol content i||14.0%|
|Bottle size and vintage||0.75 L - 2016|
Bodega Cyan, the organic wine label of the Bodegas Familiares Matarromera, was founded in 1999 and is located in the far western part of the D.O. Toro appellation. Its Cyan Tinta de Toro wine now has a new label with a picture of the small bird (cyanopica) which gives this wine its name (the Azure-winged magpie with its deep blue wings and long tail). This bird is commonly found in Toro and represents the values of the Bodega Cyan's wine production: a passion for the land, and respect for nature.
The Pago de la Calera estate, which provides the grapes for this wine, consists of 100 hectares of vineyards, olive trees and clusters of pine trees, providing special characteristics for the production of top-quality wine. The cellar also has two hectares of old vines, over 80 years old in fact, cultivated in a traditional low-yield way for the production of red wines. Their pre-phylloxera soils are poor, sandy, and somewhat alluvial on the surface, with clay underneath. This provides the Cyan wines with hints of minerality and character.
Cyan Tinta de Toro is a lively and expressive wine, with fresh aromas of red fruits such as blackberries, redcurrants, and myrtle berries. It rewards us with an elegant bouquet reminding us of the time spent in barrels, and hints of fine toast, coffee and liquorice sticks, before offering a pleasant and fresh lingering finish.
- Vine age:Between 15 and 65 years
- Soil:Sandy loam / Limestone
- Ageing period:Between 6 and 8 months
- Type of wood:Oak
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
- ViewViolet red / Dark / Opaque / Clean / Bright
- Bouquet:Frank / Higly aromatic / Complex / Spicy notes / Clove / Pepper / Menthol aromas / Aromatic herbs / Thyme / Fruit aromas / Ripe black fruit / Blackberries / Blackberry / Plums / Chocolate / Liquorice
- Mouth:Characterful / Fleshy / Sweet tannins / Balanced / Harmonious / Warm / Silky / Long finish / Persistent
Würzig, kräftig und vollmundig, guter Abgang, Braucht etwas Luft, um seine Wucht zu zähmen und ihn zu einem nachhaltigen Genuss zu machen.