£17.94/ 0.75 L btl
Details for Cuvée S.M. 2nd Edition Côtes du Rhône
Alcohol content i
For greater complexity, the Cuvée SM is a blend of several vintages, the S for Septentrional made from 50% of 60-year-old Syrah vines from the North Rhone Valley - Vintage 2015. And the M for Méridional made from 50% Grenache of more 80 years of the South Rhone Valley - 2016 vintage.
The Syrahs come from 9 different plots located on sandy, granite and Loess soils. Grenache comes from 15 different plots, on varied soils of sand, gravel and pebbles. All the plots were selected for their Exceptional concentration and composition of mineral salts.
Manual harvesting, classification on the table and completely de-stemming. Grenache aged in concrete tanks to preserve the delicacy of the fruit. Syrah ages in conical wooden tanks for 20 months, but also up to 20% in barrels of 1 wine.
Sirloin steak / Grilled meats / Roast pigeon
- Vine age:Between 60 and 80 years
- Soil:Sand / Granit
- Climate:Continental with mediterranean influence
- Yields:Moderate yields
- Vinification material:Concrete
- Ageing period:20 months
- Barrel age:New and one wine
- Type of wood:Oak
- ViewCherry red / Quite opaque
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Complex / Spices
- Mouth:Velvety / Dense / Profondo
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 15ºC and 16ºC
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2030