€ 35.30/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Contino Gran Reserva 2014
Bottle size and vintage
Matured for 24 months in used French and American oak barrels. Subsequent repose in bottle for a minimum period of a further 36 months.
- Climate:Atlantic with mediterranean influence
- ViewPicota cherry red / Intense / Garnet rim
- Bouquet:Complex / Sweet spices / Black fruit / Cocoa / Blackberries / Liquorice / Expressive / Plums / Fruit aromas / Oak wood
- Mouth:Powerful / Balanced / Elegant / Silky / Fresh / Flavoursome / Fruit-forward / Long finish / Fleshy / Balsamic notes / Well-integrated wood
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
Viñedos del Contino
Viñedos del Contino, along with Cvne (Haro) (Haro) and Viña Real, belongs to the winery group Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España. The three are located in the Rioja Alta, in Northern Spain. Its name comes from the person who was gifted with the estate lands, the "Contino" Pedro de Samaniego, one of the hundred soldiers forming the Royal Guard, in the time of the Catholic Kings, who “continually” kept watch over the monarchs and their family. From their winery installatio...