€34.90/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Finca La Emperatriz Gran Vino Blanco 2016
Bottle size and vintage
Finca La Emperatriz Gran Vino Blanco is an expressive wine, with great freshness and a long and persistent finish. The oak, perfectly integrated, accompanies a vintage suitable for white wines.
This wine in its first vintage 2016 already comes under the new Rioja category of Viñedo Singular, the highest quality category in Rioja, backed by the rigorous requirements of the Regulatory Councils (a single plot, yields below 6600kg, and with a result tasting excellent)
- Vine age:Between 50 and 60 years
- Soil:Sandy loam / Pebbles
- Climate:Continental with mediterranean influence
- ViewStraw yellow
- Bouquet:White flowers / Complex / Hay / Camomile tea / Clean / Acidic fruit / Pollen
- Mouth:Persistent / Fresh / Long / Expressive / Oily / Gastronomic
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 8ºC and 10ºC
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2023
Viñedos Hermanos Hernáiz
Finca La Emperatriz is one of the very few Rioja wineries to produce their wines from one single vine-growing plantation, which is customary in Bordeaux's Médoc region (other Rioja wineries employing the same model are Remelluri, Valpiedra and Contino). This is an estate of excellent quality whose potential had already been recognised at the Paris Universal Exhibition in 1878 and which concealed a very important history. The estate originally belonged to Eugenia de Montijo...