Red wineWhite wineSparkling wineOther winesSpecial offersWine packsRegions
ORANGE SUNDAY! All Orange and Rosé up to 15% off7h 0m 45s
Altaroses 2018


Montsant (Spain)

Altaroses is a red wine made in Darmós, in the Montsant DO. Its grapes come from the estate which th...


/ btl 0.75 L

Details for Altaroses 2018


Wine Red Crianza




Alcohol content


Bottle size and vintage

0.75 L - 2018


Altaroses is a red wine made in Darmós, in the Montsant DO. Its grapes come from the estate which the wine is named after and, like all those owned by the winery, it's cultivated under biodynamic principles with certification since the 2012 vintage, the culmination of a historic respect for the land and its fruits.

After harvesting the grapes by hand and treading them underfoot with no destalking, the must undergoes alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel; the malolactic occurs in concrete tanks, in which 80% of the wine will also be aged for 12 months. The remaining 20% matures in used oak barrels for the same length of time and both vinifications are blended just before bottling and without filtration.

After an essential decanting and once in the glass, the red fruit and clean-cut bramble aromas combine with spices and fine lactic notes. Immediately, the change of style introduced by the winery some years ago can be discerned, when there was a move away from a dark, powerful red towards producing elegance and refinement. Its tannins are intense yet noble, since the old barrels in their 5th or 6th year, hardly imparting any aromas to the wine, fine tune it with a polished tannicity. The amount of sulphites is minimal and the nose benefits from it, bestowing strong hints of cherries, liquorice and a clear sensation of minerality. Its distinctive acidity interspersed with delicate bitter touches turns it into an amazing and original wine, a "granatxa" of the olden days, when with one sip you felt you were right out there in the vineyard.

Food pairing

Oven-baked quails / Ossobuco / Roasted pork




    • Optimum serving temperature:Between 14ºC and 16ºC

    Customer reviews

    5 reviews
    5 stars
    4 stars
    3 stars
    2 stars
    1 star
    by: Laura (3 Aug) - Vintage 2018

    Un negre ideal per a l'estiu

    Aquest 100% garnatxa, brillant i net, és una delícia de fruites. Súper fresc i lleuger, és ideal per a un dia d'estiu.

    by: Joan Fuguet (31/12/2019) - Vintage 2018

    Es un vino llena la boca de sensaciones gustativas.

    Este vino tiene un final en boca que permanece y que ha ce aflorar todos los componentes de una buena crianza de esta garnacha. Acompañdo de un estofado de caza ha sido espectacular.

    by: Cliente Vinissimus (12/03/2019) - Vintage 2017

    Sobriedad mediterranea

    Capa media-baja y una textura pulida, gran intensidad aromática de notas minerales que con los días van ganando en complejidad. Una garnatxa más sobria que floral.

    by: Lars (01/05/2017) - Vintage 2015

    Fragrant, plush, and wild

    Always a fantastic Grenache made in a very natural way. Extremely heady aromatics, great texture and lift to the fruit, and an excellent finish. Highly recommended!

    by: Antoine Honma (05/10/2017) - Vintage 2015

    un peu décevant

    J'avais bu une première fois ce vin en Espagne, après l'avoir acheté chez un caviste de Falset. Je l'avais beaucoup apprécié. En le goûtant de nouveau, je l'ai trouvé fermé, et beaucoup plus difficile d'approche que dans mon souvenir. Il n'en demeure pas moins équilibré, et recèle un agréable fruité. Sans doute doit-il attendre encore ?