£45.65/ 0.75 L btl
Wine Markus Molitor Bernkasteler Lay Auslese 2017
Alcohol content i
Bottle size and vintage
Bernkasteler Lay is a small neighboring vineyard of the famous Bernkasteler Doctor. Markus Molitor has a very good plot in the heart of the vineyard, with vines that are up to 100 years old. The finely splintered slate floor produces very ripe and extremely aromatic grapes.
- Vine age:Between 80 and 100 years
- ViewStraw yellow
- Bouquet:Floral notes / Cassis / Spices / Grapefruit / Concentrated / Lime / Mint notes
- Mouth:Structured / Fresh / Long / Mineral
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 9ºC and 10ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2032
Wine from Markus Molitor
When Markus Molitor took over the family winery in 1984 at the age of just 20, he already had two clear objectives: to build on the eight generations of winemakers that preceded him and to enhance the natural qualities of Mosel Riesling with precise, uncompromising work in the vineyard and cellar. Eco-sustainability and terroir are the cornerstones of this sacred monster of German wine, at one with the legendary terroir of the Mosel slates, which produce wines ...