€18.50/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Barón de Ley Gran Reserva 2013
Bottle size and vintage
Made from grapes grown in the cooler parts of the Imas vineyard estate at Mendavia (Rioja Baja).
The wine is an attractive ruby-red colour, of medium density, and has brick-red hues. The nose reveals an aroma of toast, ripe fruits, traces of infusions, spices and tobacco, which proves extremely intense. The palate is rounded and harmonious, showing silky tannins; it is fresh, lively and persistent.
Matured for 24 months in American and French oak barrels (50-50%) and subsequently in bottle for 5 years.
Roast beef / Grilled wild mushrooms / Very versatile / Roast lamb
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:24 months
- Type of wood:American and french oak
- ViewRuby red / Semi-opaque / Velvety / Brick-red hues
- Bouquet:Spicy notes / Toasty notes / Ripe fruit / Leather / Balsamic notes / Vanilla / Pepper / Fruit aromas / Incense / Clove / Profound / Black tea / Cigar box
- Mouth:Complex / Persistent / Toasty notes / Fresh / Rounded / Raisins / Harmonious / Vivacious / Silky tannins / Earthy
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
Rioja tipico con su tabaco, madera, ciruela. Encorpado. se abre y evoluciona muy bien. Todavia si pode guardar. Forte e potente.by: Elle (24/10/2018) - Vintage 2011
Brilliant rich Rioja, takes a bit of time to breathe and come into its own richness. Full bodied and more-ishby: Gregory (02/05/2017) - Vintage 2010
Un vin blanc idéal pour apéritif avec risotto poissons en toutes circonstances a boire frais idéal pour ceux comme moi qui n'aiment que le rouge
Barón de Ley
The Barón de Ley winery is located in an old monastery in Mendavia (Navarre), within the DOCa Rioja appellation. Founded in 1985 and based on the model of the châteaux in the Médoc region, the cellar has deservedly gained a reputation as a specialist in producing wines for ageing with their excellent Reservas and Gran Reservas. It is one of the few Spanish wineries listed on the stock exchange as part of the larger wine group which goes under the same name and includes other ...