€ 24.90/ btl 0.75 L
(€ 22.83 x12)
Details for Altanza Reserva Especial 2010
Bottle size and vintage
Altanza Reserva Especial is an extraordinary Reserve wine only made in certain years using the best harvests of Tempranillo grapes from vines over 50 years old. Twenty-four months' aging in new French oak barrels and a long time standing in the bottle, gives us a wine which captivates the drinker with its amazing elegance and delicate aromas: notes of black fruit, smooth spices, and a mineral touch. It is fine in the mouth with sleek tannins and a good level of acidity. A syrupy and rounded wine, it makes the perfect partner for elaborate dishes and stews but is also excellent to drink on its own.
Prepared dishes / Casseroles / Game
- Vine age:50 years
- Climate:Atlantic with mediterranean influence
- ViewBright / Garnet / Opaque / Intense / Clean
- Bouquet:Fruit notes / Mineral notes / Complex / Sweet spices / Elegant / Wood / Balsamic notes / Ripe black fruit
- Mouth:Powerful / Balanced / Long / Fruit notes / Fleshy / Black fruit / Intense
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
Great traditional style showing very well
A little bit on the young side but is showing super well great earthy profile with a good amount of dill showing for The oak aging definitely recommend Having decanted for a little bit
Bodegas Altanza started out in 1998, operated by a group of businesspeople from La Rioja, with the idea of setting up a winery which produced wines of quality that everybody could afford. The winery was created with the intention of making Reservas and Gran Reservas, since ‘Reserva’ was the wine which cellar owners in the past used to reserve for offering to their best clientele. Located in Fuenmayor (Rioja Alta), the winery tries to combine tradition and modernity. For th...