Vallformosa was founded in 1865, just when the vineyards of Masía La Sala in Vilobí del Penedès began to be cultivated.
Located near the Romanesque chapel of Santa María de Vallformosa, in the municipality of Vilobí del Penedès, its headquarters are located on the La Sala estate, which has been documented since the 10th century.
Always pioneers, in 1887, when phylloxera devastated all the vineyards in the region, they decided to replant uncontaminated vines in order to be able to produce bulk wines at the beginning of the 20th century. And in 1938 they began to produce their first bottles of cava.
Today, Vallformosa is one of the largest exporters of cava and is well known for its commitment to the environment, initiating a collaboration with the Associació de Viticultors del Pla de Manlleu +500, supporting the winegrowers of the area and innovation with the implementation of the latest technologies in the production lines and warehouse, the installation of 2 new pneumatic grape reception presses with the latest technology and the construction of a new laboratory.
It is a winery that is fully proactive in improving environmental management. The reduction of pollutant emissions, the reuse of materials, recycling, water saving and collaboration with sustainable actions are the main lines of action of Vallformosa at an environmental level.