Ramos Pinto is a house with considerable history, featuring among Oporto's most well-known names, an early major benchmark in quality bottled wine. Founded in 1880 by Adriano Ramos Pinto, it became notable at first due to its significant inroad into the Brazilian market at the beginning of the 20th Century, which quickly extended into the whole of South America, Portugal and Europe. Its history has always been marked by a forward-looking strategy, continual research and a special attention to the presentation and promotion of its wines. Showing a great respect for tradition, and always seeking excellence.
Owner of Quinta do Bom Retiro and Quinta da Urtiga in the heart of the region, of Quinta dos Bons Ares and the exceptional estate of Ervamoira in the highest and wildest part of the Douro, Ramos Pinto uses the classic grape varieties, both for the production of it Ports and for the rest of the company's wines.
Belonging to the Louis Roederer Group since 1990 (along with Champagne Deutz and Domaines Ott), Ramos Pinto continues today to be a house of renowned prestige and its wines are available in the best restaurants and specialised shops all over the world.