£33.10/ 0.75 L btl
Wine Château de Gaudou Réserve Caillau 2016
A Cru of excellence, made from old vines in one of the most beautiful terroirs of Cahors, the Caillau Reserve can be enjoyed with all its most refined favorite dishes.
Dark garnet red color, bright reflections. Nose of black fruit jam, hints of undergrowth and hummus. Powerful, wide and fleshy mouth, fruity. Good balance with perfectly integrated tannins.
Roasts / Magret of duck / Wild boar
- Vine age:Between 33 and 60 years
- Soil:Limestone / Gravel surface
- Climate:Continental with atlantic influence
- Ageing period:24 months
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewGarnet / Deep
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Black fruit / Floral notes / Humus / Undergrowth
- Mouth:Powerful / Fruit-forward / Full / Fleshy
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
- Decanting:Decanting is recommended
Wine from Château de Gaudou
The Durou family have wine in their blood. With roots going back to the eighteenth century, the family's winemaking traditions have been passed down through seven generations at Château de Gaudou, where they produce excellent wines which express their passion for the Cahors region. Back in 1971 the winery was one of the most active promoters behind the introduction of the AOC Cahors appellation, and over the years, thanks to the extension of its vineyards...