€14.60/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Lavia Plus 2015
Bottle size and vintage
The seductive cherry colour of the Lavia Plus gives way to an intense nose blending aromas of fruits of the forest and refreshing herbal hints of eucalyptus, lavender, and freshly-ground pepper. This wonderful wine also transmits an intensely mineral sensation reminiscent of the dusty stones in the vineyards, rounded off by floral tones of violets. It is juicy and fresh in the mouth, with a strong taste of ripe wild fruit. It offers a magnificentacidity thanks to the altitude it is grown at (750m) and a precise ripening, which helps its delicious fruit blend elegantly with the toasted tones of well-integrated wood present in its coffee background and creamy feel. Its fruitiness begins to loosen up with time in the glass, tending more towards strawberries and red plums. Bay leaves, cinnamon, and floral notes accompany an elegant tannicity and wonderful balance based on its freshness. The old Monastrell vines (almost 50 years old) bring structure and depth to the wine. All in all, Lavia Plus is a perfect combination of strength and elegance, with fine tannins and a slightly bitter finish which invites you to take another drink. A splendid Monastrell wine.
It can be drunk immediately but knowing the precision and careful work Bodegas Lavia have put into this wine, and bearing in mind its lively acidity, the Lavia Plus has a great future ahead of it too.
- Vine age:Between 40 and 45 years
- Soil:Silt / Limestone
- Climate:Mediterranean with continental influence
- ViewBright / Clean / Garnet rim / Semi-opaque / Thick tears / Cherry red
- Bouquet:Ageing notes / Complex / Higly aromatic / Balsamic notes / Clean / Cedar
- Mouth:Balanced / Spicy notes / Flavoursome / Ageing notes / Elegant tannins / Dried fruits and nuts / Pepper / Almond
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 15ºC and 17ºC